Monday, April 07, 2014
Time4Clues #1: Fukushima Crisis Overview
1. The way to fix Fukushima is to combine technology with common sense. This triple nuclear meltdown that began on 3/11/2011 has put a reported over 300 tons of highly radioactive water - a day - into the Pacific Ocean and is emitting airborne radiation too. Oy veh!
2. This is an extinction level event, unless we fix it now. The situation is already harming life on earth and our failure to sufficiently address it is resulting in catastrophic consequences. The only hope we have to fix this situation is pooling our resources and working together in a logical fashion.
3. Now is the time to put "Mankind over money!"
4. We are at a historic convergence of tools that can help us implement an effective solution. Since the problem from TEPCO’s Fukushima nuclear plant fallout is excess radiation, the solution is to put ample radiation shields around it, 360 degrees, above and below, entombing the damaged buildings like what was built at Chernobyl, only more durable with a greater reach.
5. Simultaneously, since increased radiation exposure increases cancer and other illness rates, we need to combat the health effects we know are here, and still coming, as a result of chronic, increased radiation exposure.
6. The tools we have to balance this situation are, like ancient Babylon, biblical in scope; computers, construction grade 3D Printing, strong barrier building materials, advanced robotics, survival instinct, etc. For example, the technique of "Contour Crafting," an industrial application for 3D printing, can print a house in 24 hours. Shielded, remotely controlled robots and drones could handle the detail and maintenance work.
7. In this series of 10 playlists with notes we'll see many ways about on how we can both entomb Fukushima and deal with the health issues that come from the increased radiation exposure.
List of Research links from the above article.
Article Word / Phrase
Linked Article / Webeo Title
Fukushima Daiichi: five steps in cleaning up a nuclear power plant - interactive
Framework for bringing 3D Printing into the construction industry by Stanford University
USA Hemp Museum, The Late, Great, Heroic Richard M. Davis, Founder, Curator
POTUS Obama saying nothing to see here and a summary of what's going on
Fukushima Tank Leaks 300 Tons Of 'Highly Radioactive' Water At Nuclear Plant
Fukushima leaking 300 tons of toxic water a day: officials
Airborne Radiation Fukushima and Hanford
Dr. Helen Caldicott: The Medical Implications of Fukushima, Nuclear Power and Nuclear Proliferation
Fukushima NHK Documentary: "The Truth Behind the Chain of Meltdowns"
Fukushima is 1,000x's worse than we thought!
Fukushima and the Transnationality of Radioactive Nuclear Contamination. “Visualizing Radiactivity” and its Impacts on Humanity
Youtube Playlist of over 125 webeos on Fukushima for review
Endless Fukushima catastrophe: 2020 Olympics under contamination threat
The Leaf Online Article on Fukushima
World Nuclear Association - Outline History of Nuclear Energy
Tokyo Electric Power Company
Current situation of Fukushima Daiichi and Daini nuclear power statio
Dave Garroway Explains Fallout
Radiation Levels Near Fukushima Reactor Hit 2-Year High
Comparison of Fukushima and Chernobyl nuclear accidents
Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant sarcophagus
World Nuclear Association - Chernobyl Accident 1986
Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear on Casper Leitch’sTime4Hemp
CDC - Possible Health Effects of Radiation Exposure and Contamination
Study: Fukushima Radiation Has Already Killed 14,000 Americans
Fukushima-666, a medieval black death is among us
5a (reports mentioned in Fukushima-666
Dr. Alexey Yablokov - co-author - Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe
"Chernobyl consequences of the catastrophe for people and the environment"
Genesis 11 - Tower of Bable
Enlightening TED Talks on Computer Science
Future of Construction Process: 3D Concrete Printing
Henry Ford's Plastic Car - Youtube
Wildcat Robot -- Introduction Of New Technology WILDCAT 2013 | Wild CAT Robot @wildcat #wildcat
Fukushima still spewing massive radiation plumes; America in 'huge trouble,' says nuclear expert
Researchers Are Making A 3D Printer That Can Build A House In 24 Hours
Fukushima Daiichi Radiation: Gundersen; "Entomb Reactors"
Q and A: Health effects of radiation exposure
UN: Fukushima radiation worse than feared
Dr Masaru Emoto talks about Industrial Hemp as a solution to Fukushima