Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prop. 19 - Instead of 8 ounces - 1 ounce - This is legalization?


Sometimes the truth costs one everything, and I guess this is just one of those times. If California's Prop. 19 is progress, it is also madness.
When I heard Richard M. Davis, founder and curator of the USA Hemp Museum, talking on the great radio show Time4Hemp with Casper Leitch, broadcast last month on the American Freedom Radio network I was floored.  What was he talking about...Prop. 19 is NOT good? 

Initially I though Prop. 19 was about legalization, fixing the holes in Prop. 215 and S.B. 420 to provide for the unconditional end of hemp prohibition. I thought it would  mean that finally, after almost a half century, I would be free to smoke a joint when I want to.  Was I wrong.

Under current California law, folks can have up to 8 ounces and 18 plants (6 mature and 12 immature). Under Prop. 19 California citizens can only have one ounce of hemp and can grow on up to 25'. Compare that with New Mexico where we can have 6 ounces which is nothing compared to Oregon and Washington State where folks can have up to 24 ounces.  

Today in California, anyone with a doctor's note can have hemp, medical marijuana, cannabis, weed, by whatever name.  Under Prop. 19 people can go to jail for having more than an ounce and/or helping children in pain with hemp, like they can do now. So a 21 year old suffering with cancer, AIDS, schizophrenia, etc. can have hemp, but a 20 year old cannot.  Caregivers jailed once again. Why? 

Hemp is just a weed.

For more on how we can use hemp to save ourselves I urge you to visit the USA Hemp Museum, www.hempmuseum.org





No comments: